Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I'm sitting here thinking of all my favorite sweet items for the holidays. Thinking of baking to warm up the cool chill in the house. I'm too tired, but maybe on wednesday! One special treat, oh, those lovely Red Velvet Cupcakes, with there fabulous cream cheese frosting. Plain and simple, yet so very delicious! So I'm looking up recipes on Bing and Google search. Interesting to make from scratch. The common ingredient appears to be: Buttermilk, in both the batter and frosting. Most also have vinegar in the batter. Don't quite understand this, but all the recipes look easy enough for me to try. At Foodnetwork.com, Paula Deen has a good recipe. Think I might actually try it. I like her baking and cooking via television. She has a certain passion for food. I like to eat, so why not, Red Velvet Cupcakes it is! Hope I can manage to measure the ingredients right... If they turn out I'll print the recipe. Till next time, happy baking and eating, just not too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment